Twelve student-athletes from Lake Travis High School signed letters of intent to play collegiate football during National Signing Day 2017.
Eleven of the 12 members representing the 2016 UIL Class 6A - Division I football state championship team participated in a brief signing ceremony held Feb. 1 at the Lake Travis ISD Cavalier Activity Center. The lone student-athlete not present was AP Offensive Player of the Year and quarterback Charlie Brewer who is currently enrolled at Baylor University. The 12 signees are the most of any class in the history of Lake Travis High School football, and additional student-athlete commitments are pending.
National Signing Day participants included the following:
• Matt Armendariz - Colorado School of Mines; Golden, CO
• Maleek Barkley - University of Arkansas; Fayetteville, AK
• Tyler Barrett - Drake University; Des Moines, IA
• Cade Brewer - University of Texas; Austin, TX
• Charlie Brewer - Baylor University; Waco, TX (currently enrolled)
• Aidan Estrada - Southwestern Assemblies of God University, Waxahachie, TX
• Cade Green - University of Wisconsin; Madison, WI
• Austin Hiller - Northwestern University; Evanston, IL
• Mac Humble - University of Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, PA
• Brenden Jaimes - University of Nebraska; Lincoln, NE
• Michael Mast - Southwestern Assemblies of God University; Waxahachie, TX
• T.J. Simien - Blinn College; Brenham, TX
The Lake Travis Cavaliers beat The Woodlands Highlanders 41-13 on December 17, 2016 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, earning the school its sixth state title since 2007.
Hank Carter is head coach of the Cavaliers, a position he’s held since 2010. During his tenure, Coach Carter has led his teams to three state championships and an overall record of 91-10. He was named the 2016 District 25-6A Coach of the Year and the All-Central Texas Football Coach of the Year.