The Lake Travis Education Foundation, with help from sponsor Capitol Chevy Austin, delivered a total $315,000 in teacher grants for Lake Travis ISD schools during the foundation's Big Check Day held May 5.
Campus specific amounts are as follows:
- Bee Cave Elementary School - $20,870.85
- Lake Pointe Elementary School - $22,282.26
- Lake Travis Elementary School - $37,297.27
- Lakeway Elementary School - $21,591.57
- Serene Hills Elementary School - $24,924.90
- West Cypress Hills Elementary School - $21,081.06
- Hudson Bend Middle School - $35,585.55
- Lake Travis Middle School - $48,258.22
- Lake Travis High School - $83,093.01
Grants are awarded based on student enrollment at each campus as well as proceeds from the foundation's annual gala. Presented by Lexus of Lakeway, this year's gala themed 'Illuminations' was held March 4 at the Hilton Austin Hotel. Other annual events hosted by the foundation include the Butterfly Brunch and the Fore the Kids golf tournament.
Founded by a group of Lake Travis residents in 1985, the Lake Travis Education Foundation has provided over $3.75 million in funding to help make programs and projects at Lake Travis Independent School District possible. For more information, visit the LTEF website.