The musical talents of 10 Lake Travis High School students have earned each of them a place on the 2018 All-State Band, Choir and Orchestra as determined by the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA).
According to TMEA, All-State is the highest honor a Texas music student can receive. Approximately 1,600 students were selected through a process that began in the fall of 2017 with over 64,000 students from around the state vying for the honor to perform in one of 13 ensembles (bands, orchestras, and choirs).
The following students from Lake Travis High School have been selected as All-State musicians:
- Brandon Aguillon - band, sophomore
- Sreya Ayinala - band, senior
- Bryce Calder - band, junior
- Alaska Coombes - choir, senior
- Jade Milam - choir, senior
- Emma Morelli - choir, sophomore
- Molly Snodgrass - choir, sophomore
- Abigail Storm - choir, sophomore
- James Strauss - violin, senior
- Mason Tabb - choir, senior
The students will perform February 17, 2018 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio during the TMEA annual convention, the nation’s largest gathering of music educators. TMEA is an association of more than 12,000 school music educators dedicated to promoting excellence in music education.
Richard Hicks, Kelan Latimer and Anna Macias direct the Lake Travis High School band, orchestra and choir programs, respectively.